By – Ovais siddiqui
It is rightly said that if one cannot master ourself we can in no way master the outer world. As the path to success starts with the very first trait of being in synchronisation with oneself. The moment we loose our control over ourselves , we loose all the battles.
From centuries this has been taught to our ancestors. Take examples from any age , you will find enormous example of self development and self control to achieve practical success.
Meditation , physical excercise, yogas are all to keep our soul and mind together in unity and to teach us the value of self control and self empowerment.
But have you ever thought why self control is important ? There is no doubt that it is highly crucial for us. Our mind is a nomad. It keeps swirling in all directions. It has wings , seven horses and all the transport facilities to flee from one place to another. With such diversions and disturbances do you believe that any person on earth can achieve his goal or fulfil his dream ?
That is why for a content and successful life the first step is being the master of our mind.
Robin Sharma in his bestselling book , The monk who sold his ferrari discussed the technique of mastering mind and its pros in one’s life.
The wisdom in his book said :-
1 . Cultivate your mind – it will blossom beyond your expectations.
2. The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts.
3. There are no mistakes – only lessons. See setbacks as opportunities for personal expansion and spiritual growth.
Techniques to follow for positives results :-
1.Guard your mind as your garden and dont let any waste be dumped into it. Make it rich amd fertile.
2. Always remember, “your i can is more important than your I.Q.”
3. Every single incidence , even the worst , offers a lesson. Therefore , open your mind to the learning in every event. In this way you will grow stronger and happier.
4.Begin to love out the glory of your imagination. Forget the past . Dare to dream that you are more than the sum of your current circumstances. Expect the best.
5. The boundaries of your life are merely creations of the self.
6. With one eye fixed on your destiny , there is only one left to guide through the path. Therefore it is very important to be patient and experience the journey rather than being impulsive to reach the end.
7.Do not doubt your capabilities. The very fact that you have a desire or a dream means that you have the corresponding capacity to realize it.
The secret of happiness is very simple , find out what you truly love to do and then direct all of your energy towards doing it. Once you do this , abundance flows into your life and all your desires are filled with ease and grace. By – Robin sharma
Apply the magic of visualisation. Picture yourself acting gracefully and lovingly in a tense situation. Mentally rehearse the way you will govern your actions when a similar scene unfolds on the canvas of reality. Visualise yourself as you want yourself to be in reality. Practice daily.
Everyday tell yourself your dream , your chosen path and your capabilities. Let your mind know what you want.
With this precious wisdom from a bestselling author Robin sharma from his book The monk who sold his ferrari , I end up this article hoping to see your feedbacks. 🙂